This magnetic stirrer is the result of many tests with different configurations. The stirplate uses very strong “earth magnets” which ensures good attraction of the stir bar, this way high rotation speeds are possible. Thanks to a combination of 3D printing and CNC milling, this affordable solution could be brought out. The magnets are perfectly centered through the use of custom 3D prints (housing is not 3D-printed). The front and back panels are machined with a CNC milling machine to ensure perfect alignment of the buttons and connectors.
The Dual Vortex is the newest stirplate in our shop. Instead of only 1 central stirrer, this plate has 2 stir-locations in the same housing. This makes it perfect for stirring smaller volumes simultaneous. However, both stirrers are as powerful as the original Vortex. This makes it still usable for larger volumes, when placed “off-center” on the housing (see pictures). This however, makes the second stirrer not usable at the same time. Both stirrers are controlled separately with a rotary knob and on/off switch.
– Vortex Dual Magnetic stirplate
2 x Stirbar
– Power adapter (EU or UK) (if you need a different adapter, contact us)
– User Manual (Digital download, click here)
– Powerful Vortex all the way down up to 3000ml
– Stirring with smaller Vortex up to 5000ml
– Dimensions: 205mm x 180mm x 70mm
Selection of the stirbar:
– 30mm standard: This is the standard stirbar that can be used for non viscous liquids (water, yeast starters, …). With this stirbar, the greatest stirspeeds can be achieved. This stirbar can not be used for very viscous liquids.
– 25mm oval: This stirbar is suitable for stirring viscous liquids (for example VG/PG mixtures for use in vaporizers or E-cigarettes). This stirbar will achieve lower speeds compared to the 30mm standard when used in non-viscous liquids.
– 25mm oval (thin): This thin version of the 25mm oval stirbar is beter suited for viscous liquids in some cases (both the thick and thin version are used for viscous liquids but which one works best depends on the specific application).