This is the newest Vortex Magnetic Stirplate in our store! This newest machine has a display where the speed of the motor is shown (0-100%). This is very interesting for the home brewer who wants to make reproducible yeast starters. Do you want to stir your yeast starter at exactly the same speed every time? This is now possible with the Vortex+. Also for the DIY E-liquid makers who want to work in a consequent manner will be very pleased with this machine!
Apart from all this, it also just looks cooler 😉
This magnetic stirrer is the result of many tests with different configurations. The stirplate uses very strong “earth magnets” which ensures good attraction of the stir bar, this way high rotation speeds are possible. Thanks to a combination of 3D printing and CNC milling, this affordable solution could be brought out. The magnets are perfectly centered through the use of custom 3D prints (housing is not 3D-printed). The front and back panels are machined with a CNC milling machine to ensure perfect alignment of the buttons and connectors.
– Vortex+ Magnetic stirplate
– Power adapter (EU or UK) (if you need a different adapter, contact us)
– User Manual (Digital download, click here)
– Powerful Vortex all the way down up to 3000ml
– Stirring with smaller Vortex up to 5000ml
– Dimensions: 205mm x 180mm x 70mm
Selection of the stirbar:
– 30mm standard: This is the standard stirbar that can be used for non viscous liquids (water, yeast starters, …). With this stirbar, the greatest stirspeeds can be achieved. This stirbar can not be used for very viscous liquids.
– 25mm oval: This stirbar is suitable for stirring viscous liquids (for example VG/PG mixtures for use in vaporizers or E-cigarettes). This stirbar will achieve lower speeds compared to the 30mm standard when used in non-viscous liquids.
– 25mm oval (thin): This thin version of the 25mm oval stirbar is beter suited for viscous liquids in some cases (both the thick and thin version are used for viscous liquids but which one works best depends on the specific application).